SPFNO for Girls and Boys
The prestigious annual Susan Polgar National Open Championship for Girls and Boys (SPFNO) was created in 2006 and is sponsored by the Susan Polgar Foundation (SPF) to give more opportunities to young chess players in the United States.
Prizes include $100,000 in Scholarships to Webster University! The top-scoring player in each 2-day Championship section (Girls sections only) in the SPFNO will earn qualification for the prominent Susan Polgar National Invitational for Girls.
15th Susan Polgar Foundation National Open for Girls & Boys – Oct 10-11, 2020
2-DAY CHAMPIONSHIP SECTIONS
K-5 Girls, K-5 Open, K-8 Girls, K-8 Open, K-12 Girls, K-12 Open.
- TIME CONTROL: G/70;+10.
- RATING: Dual NWSRS and US Chess Online Rated. Paired by TD using US Chess ratings. Zoom monitoring with webcam required.
- ROUND TIMES: Sat/Sun @ 8 AM, 12 PM, and 4 PM PDT.
- PRIZES: Trophies awarded to the top-scoring individuals in each section. Prizes include $100,000 in Scholarships to Webster University!
1-DAY SECTIONS (Saturday-only)
K-1 U800, 2-3 U800, K-3 Open, 4-8 U900, 4-8 Open, 9-12 Open.
- TIME CONTROL: G/25;+5.
- RATING: NWSRS Rated, US Chess Unrated. Paired by TD using higher of NWSRS or US Chess ratings. Zoom help desk available; Zoom monitoring not required.
- ROUND TIMES: Sat @ 8 AM, 9:15 AM, 10:30 AM, lunch break, 12:15 PM, 1:30 PM.
- PRIZES: Trophies awarded to the top-scoring individuals in each section. Medals for first timers who do not earn a trophy.
- WA State Elementary Qualifier.
Event Venue: Online via Chess.com
Playing Area: Live Chess
Washington Chess Federation President
Email: WashingtonChessFederation@gmail.com, Cell: (206) 769-3757
Washington Chess Federation Scholastic Director
Email: Jacob.MayerChess@gmail.com, Cell: (206) 697-5625