SPFNO for Girls and Boys
The prestigious annual Susan Polgar National Open Championship for Girls and Boys (SPFNO) was created in 2006 and is sponsored by the Susan Polgar Foundation (SPF) to give more opportunities to young chess players in the United States.
The top player of each championship section in the SPFNO will be awarded:
- Qualifications for the prominent Susan Polgar National Invitational for Girls (Girls sections only.)
- $100,000 in prizes and scholarships to Webster University (2-day K-12 Championship Open & Girls sections only.)
15th Susan Polgar Foundation National Open for Boys & Girls – Oct 3-4, 2020
2-DAY CHAMPIONSHIP SECTIONS
K-5 Girls, K-5 Open, K-8 Girls, K-8 Open, K-12 Girls, K-12 Open.
- TIME CONTROL: G/60;d5
- RATING: Dual NWSRS and US Chess rated.
- ROUND TIMES: Sat/Sun @ 9:30am, 12:00pm, 2:30pm.
- PRIZES: Trophies awarded to the top-scoring individuals in each section. Prizes include $100,000 in Scholarships to Webster University!
1-DAY SECTIONS (Saturday-only)
K-1 U800, 2-3 U800, K-3 Open, 4-8 U900, 4-8 Open, 9-12 Open.
- TIME CONTROL: G/30;d5
- RATING: Dual NWSRS and US Chess rated Open Sections, NWSRS rated Reserve Sections.
- ROUND TIMES: Sat @ 9:30am, 11am, 12:30pm, 2pm, 3:30pm.
- PRIZES: Trophies awarded to the top-scoring individuals in each section. Medals for first timers who do not earn a trophy.
- WA State Elementary Qualifier.
Event Venue: Hyatt Regency Bellevue
Address: 900 Bellevue Way NE, Bellevue, WA 98004 (map)
Hyatt Regency Bellevue: 900 Bellevue Way NE, Bellevue, WA 98004.
Phone: 425.698.4250, request the Polgar Chess block.
For online hotel reservations: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/group-booking/BELLE/G-POLG
Cut-off date for discounted hotel reservations is 09/06/2020.
Washington Chess Federation President
Email: WCF.Tournaments@gmail.com, Cell: (206) 769-3757
Washington Chess Federation Scholastic Director
Email: Jacob.MayerChess@gmail.com, Cell: (206) 697-5625